Wites & Kapetan is proud to announce the 2012 Dream Scholarship. The Scholarship, which the firm has awarded in years past, is available in honor of the Executive Order entered by President Obama that will provide legal status to many young people that the Dream Act was intended to cover.
The WKPA DREAM Scholarship will award $5,000 in scholarship monies that winners may use to further their education as follows:
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements as of the date of the submission of their application for the Scholarship:
- are at least sixteen years old, but no older than thirty,
- have been brought to the U.S. before they were sixteen,
- have lived in the U.S. for at least the five continuous years,
- be (or plan to be) enrolled as a full time student at any accredited college, university, technical or vocational school in the United States in the fall of 2012, and
- be of either South or Central American Descent (including Mexico).
As explained in the application (link to the application), Applicants must submit (1) a completed application and (2) an essay. Applicants may also submit their high school transcript, evidence of graduation from high school (i.e., a GED), and letters of recommendation.
WKPA will consider the following criteria in awarding the scholarship monies:
- Essay, Academic Achievement and Recommendations
- Community Service
- Work Experience/Extra Curricular Activities
The Application Deadline is September 14, 2012.
Good luck to all Dreamers!
Download Application Here